Monday, September 15, 2008

Sock Puppets, The Circus, and other Teeples family Projects











Okay, let's see what we've got here. So our family spent FHE a few weeeks ago making some sweet sock puppets. They turned out better than expected, and we have been "acting" out scipture stories and "singing" with our puppets during our nightly devotionals. Buzz made himself a super-hero mask out of two pony tails and some blue tape--which screams of his Young genes. Kinzi loves to jump rope and Ez loves to watch her. I got a cute invitation for a circus happening in my own back yard; Kinzi, Buzz, friends Abigail, Hyrum, Lauyrn, and Kate all participated. Talents such as Tarazan swinging, rope climbing, trapeze flipping, trampoline jumping and the like were showcased. The marble tower returned! Last time we had this toy out Buzz cracked his head open on the chair he was standing on as he fell in an attempt to reach the tallest marble insertion point. A sample of the tomatoes that came from our garden that eventually were canned into spaghetti sauce and our house still smells like Papa Johns! Of course, Kinzi's first day of 2nd grade. And the kids collecting small yellow flowers and getting stung by stinging nettle at the ward campout! I think that about sums up the happs.

8 comments:

Garrison Propaganda said...

man, what busy times in the teeples household! the sock puppets are great. and i love the superhero mask made from hair bands and blue tape. what, no video of the circus?!? yikes--hopefully no more injuries will occur.

The Martins said...

You guys are awesome! Beautiful sock puppets! Those would be fun to make. Wish I could have seen the talents in the circus - sounds like quite the show! You guys sure know how to have fun.

GFM Boston said...

I agree with the comment that you sure know how to have fun!!!! We want to be more like the Teeples. Thanks for showing us how!!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good and cute mom. I love that you use them to act out scripture stories. Hope you don't mind I added you to my blog so I can see your little family more often. It was good seeing you in the Burg...wish i would have got your number and done lunch or something

Alison said...

Wow! How fun! You guys are one awesome family, boy do you ever have fun! I love Buzz's superhero glasses, that cracks me up! And the sock puppets are so cute, will you show me how to make them next time you guys visit? And very impressive with all the tomatoes and spaghetti sauce! Way to go Papa Teeples's! :) Love you guys!!!

Mj said...

Ez looks like such a little boy! When did that happen?! What a cutie... I'm jealous of all those tomatoes, yum! Hey, didn't Tyson have a birthday this month? As usual, we were a little late in saying happy birthday...Happy Birthday Tyson!

Brooke said...

Natalie, do you have a great spaghetti sauce recipe? I'd love it!

shay said...

Cute pictures! I recognize a couple of Oldroyd girls in that picture! What a small world!