Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Night of Nights









So Tyler and Christine decided to have a reception in my parent's backyard. It was the yard that we grew up in. The yard where we played soccer and baseball with all the neighborhood kids. The yard that Bonnie challenged all the adults to race her. The yard that John sustained multiple head/bodily injuries. The yard where Scott threw rocks at menacing bullies. The yard where I would flip round and round the bars. The yard where our mom would garden. The yard where we'd play "around the island" with dad vs. throngs of wild children. The yard where we moved a lot of wood piles. The yard where we'd have hanging contests, underdogs, and tire swing rides. The yard of picnics, bird houses, sledding, cutting to Chrisina Travis' house, slip n' slides, cartwheels, bubbles, happiness, happiness, happiness. Childhood. All grown up now, my sister Christine, so beautiful and full of love. We love you!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Love this post Nat! The happiness happiness happiness/childhood part made me cry. So many wonderful memories. Looks like it was a perfect night. Love you!

Cortney said...

That was a great night and you all looked so beautiful! I'm glad I got to be there with you for even the short time that I was. :)

Mj said...

The backyard looked beautiful, with all the tables so nicely done, a big white tent with lots of yummy treats, and a gorgeous bride and groom to complete the picture! This reception was also completely magical and I'm sure meant so much to Christine, having this been the backyard of so many memories, both for her and all of you! --We love you all, thanks for keeping us in your prayers... :-)

Garrison Propaganda said...

yay for christine and her lucky man. so where are they going to work/live? tysons sportin cowboy belts?!? sounds like you guys had another wonderful memory added to the backyard. kinzis looking big and her hair is getting so long! mmmm the treat tent looked like it would have been my favorite spot.

Gentry Family said...

Hi Natalie, I'm Evan's sister, Claire. Your family is beautiful! I love your blog, so fun :)

I was remembering that you were the incredibles for Halloween a while back... where did you find those costumes? They were so cute! Did you sell them already? If you still have them and want to sell them could you e-mail me? I would appreciate it! michaelandclaire@gmail.com

Thanks!